As the summer months bring more and more people outside, attendance for Saturday movies at the library has dropped. Therefore, from May-August 2013, movies will be once a month, on the first Saturday of the month.
- Saturday, May 4th, 2pm: Cirque Du Soleil: World Away
April 25, 2013
1. Building & Grounds
- Hot water
- Light on stairs
- Paint in craft closet
- Transformer box
2. Projects & programs
- Fundraiser ongoing
- Summer reading program
- Review budget lines/categories, placement of funds in
4. Review proposed policies
- Patron Code of Conduct
- Special Collections Use
- Copy, Print, Fax
We’ll be opening at 1pm today, due to the weather.
Every Saturday at 2pm, join us for a movie on the big screen.
March 2013 schedule
3/2/13 Pitch Perfect
3/23/13 Wreck-It Ralph
3/30/13 Les Miserables
• Admission is free.
• No outside food or drink; snacks will be available for purchase.
• Parents are responsible for limiting their child’s viewing.
• Children under age 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Hope to see you there!
The library fundraising committee will meet Tuesday, March 5th at 5:30pm. The public is invited to attend.
Part-time Library Assistant for children’s programs, Allenstown Public Library
The Allenstown Public Library has an opening for a library assistant who can work Tuesdays, 2pm-7pm, and Saturdays, 10am-5pm, though some flexibility is possible. $10/hr. In addition to general library duties, work will focus on children’s programs within the library.
- Routine library functions including circulation, basic reference, and building maintenance
- Assisting the library director with children’s programs
- Reshelving, shelf-reading, and weeding
- Assist patrons using public computers
- Uphold library policies
- Other assigned duties
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Experience working with children
- Interest in libraries, children’s programming, and literacy
- High School degree
- Ability to follow directions and complete assigned work
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with a variety of patrons
- Friendly, welcoming attitude
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to go up and downstairs
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
- Experience working in a library/cultural heritage institution
- Bachelor’s degree
- Customer service experience
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send a resume, cover letter, and list of three references (email is preferred) to:
Allenstown Public Library
In the event that the library closes due to inclement weather, notice will be posted
- Here, on the Library website;
- on www.WMUR.com under “closings”;
- on WMUR TV Station on the closings ticker at 15 and 45 past the hour.
If you loose power, the Allenstown Elementary School will be available as a shelter location.
There is a parking ban in effect for the town of Allenstown from Friday, February 8, 2013 at 2pm – Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 6am.
Recently, I’ve had some questions concerning what federal tax forms and documents the library offers. While the IRS no longer sends us forms, we can download any form from www.irs.gov on any of the library computers and print it for you at the cost of $.25 per page. Plus, did you know that according to the “free file” page on irs.gov, if you had an annual gross income below $57,000 in 2012, you can file your federal income taxes online for FREE using one of the major tax software programs available on the IRS website. Irs.gov also has many helpful documents to help you with your taxes. Check out irs.gov today on your home computer (recommended for security purposes) or on one of the library computers.
If you’re in need of assistance with learning how to use the new downloadable ebooks and audiobooks, there are now tutorials available online to help:
These short Overdrive (the company that provides the system) tutorials can familiarize you with the basics of downloading digital items to your devices.
As always, feel free to call/visit Amber at the library if you need personalized assistance.