The library will begin offering curbside pickup June 16th – by appointment only. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this new process. Here’s how it will work:
- You will place holds by logging in to your account online, searching/browsing the catalog, or by calling the library.
- When your holds are ready, you will receive an email, Facebook message, or phone notification from the library.
- At that point, you must either call the library at (603) 485-7651, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us through Facebook to schedule a pickup time. Pickup times will be between 11 AM and 3 PM Tuesday and Thursday.
- Visit the library at the allotted time to retrieve your materials. At this time, you may also return any items you have out, using the library-approved procedure.
How will I pick up my holds?
Items will be placed in front of the library entrance, in bags labeled with your last name. Items will already be checked out to you – so feel free to take your bag and go! This is a no-contact service, meaning that staff will not be outdoors.
At this time the library building will remain closed to the public.
Returns can be placed in the outside dropbox.
How can I find out if my holds are ready?
We ask that you wait until the library has contacted you to let you know your items are ready. At that time, you may schedule a pickup.
How do I place holds on items?
How to place a hold online:
- To place a hold you must have a valid Allenstown Public Library card.
- Go to allenstownlibrary.org and click on CATALOG or click right here.
- Log in to your Library Account using your library card barcode number and the last 4 digits of the phone number you provided the library at sign-up.
- Conduct a search in the Library Catalog
- To request that the item be saved for you (placed on hold), click on Reserve. The system will immediately ask you to reserve again. Click on Reserve and then click on OK to confirm the hold. The system will then show you this and any other holds on your record.
- The library will notify you by email, Facebook messenger, or by phone when a requested item is ready for pickup.
- If you have difficulty logging in or accessing the internet, feel free to call us at (603) 485-7651 to place a hold over the phone.
Remember – we will let you know when the items are ready for you to schedule curbside pickup.
Can I request items from other libraries?
No. At this time, we are not receiving items from other NH libraries.
What safety precautions is the library taking?
All curbside pickup holds will be placed in brand new, never used bags by staff wearing masks and gloves.
We will be quarantining all returning items for a minimum of 72 hours. We will also be quarantining all newly ordered and received items arriving in the library before they are added to the library’s collection.
All library services will be operated with the minimum number of library staff, to avoid opportunities for contact.
How long will you offer this service?
Until further notice. Since our service levels are determined based on a number of public health factors, we do not know when our services, or our hours, will change. Please check our website at allenstownlibrary.org for updates.